Mighty Metis is founded to create content and engage with platforms that explore issues of Arab culture, identity, society, economics and education through entertaining written/audio/visual stories. Provoking an entertaining and ethnographic approach to understanding the diverse and often under represented aspects of our community.
We want to champion aspirational Arabic content and their media outlets that engage audiences in immersive Arabic output that is for us – by us. Our passion is working with local, regional & Arab talent on developing great ideas from script to screen. Whichever “screen” whatever it’s size; whether it is TV, film or online.
Mighty Metis was founded by Maia Malas in 2011. Becoming a Dubai resident in 2016, Maia is previously a Londoner originating from Amman. Her career started with the written word, in Amman, as a a young print journalist. She moved to London in 2003 to work in media training before focusing on production in 2008. Maia is genuinely committed to contributing to creating Arabic content & platforms that are representative and democratic through all the work carried out by Mighty Metis.
Examples of projects to date:
- Training writers, developing scripts & managing writers’ rooms for winning TV drama series on mainstream pan-Arab TV stations.
- Training & producing award-winning creative documentaries from first-time filmmakers.
- Training on feature length film scriptwriting.
- Producing weekly TV programmes.
- Training writers & managing script development for youth web-drama.
- Consulting on content for emerging Radio drama.
- Proving research & development consultation for the development of an international TV drama series.
- Curating and managing Arabic digital audiovisual content for renowned regional braodcaster.
- Consulting, providing research & evaluating about Arabic online content for international organisations.